I am just giving my colleagues account on getting NOC for bike in Chennai without shelling out money to brokers. It might be useful for others:
I am happy to say i got bike NOC without giving any money.I thought of sharing the steps need to follow so that will be helpful for others as well.
We need to follow 3 phases for getting NOC
1. Need to take clearance letter from the Financier where we taken bike Loan.
2. Need to take police clearance letter from Asst commissioner of police in Egmore.
3. Need to take NOC from RTO with above collected letters.
1. Taking clearance letter from the Financier ,where we taken bike Loan is very easy. We can go their office directly ,they will in 10 mins.
2. For taking police clearance letter we need to take below documents .if you submit it in morning 11AM ,they will give clearance letter in 5 PM. Asst police commoner office is too good. They are maintaining like corporate office. No issues here.Every where people will guide there .
1. Enquiry Form ( we can get in Crime branch beureu). Update: The crime records buereu is now located in Chindaripet ( no longer in EGMORE police comm office)t.Very near to Chindaripet MRTS station( Arunachalam street). Ph: 044 23452549. Call this number before you vistit
2. Requiting Letter ( we need to write on white paper reason for NOC and our bike details)
3. Xerx copy of RC book.
4. Xerox copy of insurance
5. Xerox copy of driving license (Identity proof)
6. Address proof (we can give any one of Passport,PAN card + office id xerox,ration card xerox,any GOVT id proof). Please note they need address proof in Chennai. And they donot accept RC book as address proof.
3. While Taking NOC from RTO we will see real GOVT office.We need to pay the fees in Fees section with below mentioned documents. Govt fees for NOC is 50/- and separation letter fee if we take bike in loan is 125/- .So total we need to pay is 175/- . But broker asked me pay 1800/- for only 3rd phase ;-((((( for 175 /- work. after paying the fees we need to submit in submission section. After submitting they will ask us come after 5 working days to collect NOC. As we are going directly they will make us to come at least 2 more rounds extra ;-)).
1. Original copy of RC book .
2. Xerox copy of insurance.
3. Pollution check letter.
4. Form 28 four copies (we can get it online it self).We need to fill the copies along with taking the chassis number pencil Xerox with pencil on each copy like in our RC book.
5. Clearance letter from Asst commissioner from phase 2.
6. clearance letter from financier from phase 1
Better to take Gum,pencil,Pen while going to RTO office.Below link contains which RTO office we need to go based on our registration number.